Due to its unique function of link failure alert between electrical port and optical one, the intelligent 10/100M adaptive fast Ethernet media converter can replace the media converter with network management to greatly reduce the system cost.
NT-1100 Series Ethernet media converter can interconvert electrical signals of 10Base-T and 100BaseTX twisted pairs with optical signals of 100Base-FX. It extends the network transmission distance from 100m via copper cables to 120 km via fiber optical cable. It enables the data to transmit in two different mediums of electrical and optical networks either by the technology of data link L2 store-and-forward, or by the one of PHY L1 cut-through). It supports transmission in multi-mode dual fiber, single mode dual fiber and single mode single fiber.
- 10/100Mbps auto-sensed, facilitating network upgrade
- Built-in efficient switching core to implement flow control and reduce broadcast packets
- Full-duplex and half-duplex auto-sensed
- Supporting automatic cross connection of twisted pair interfaces (auto-sense of MDI/MDI-X), facilitating system commissioning and installation
- Supporting Link Failure Alert (LFA) optional
- Supporting half /full-duplex of FX and link failure alert with optional dip-switch
- Supporting 10/100Mbps store-and-forward and 100Mbps cut-through transmission with optional dip-switch
- Supporting the transmission of 100Base-Fx or STM-1, compatible with other devices
- Supporting low-timelag transmission
- Supporting the transmission of extra-long packets up to1600 bytes
- Supporting the transmission of extra-long VLAN packets
- Supporting Quality of Service (QoS) , ensuring the transmission of VoIP packets
- Extremely low power consumption (less than 2W), low heat, reliable and stable performance, and long lifetime
- Options in single mode dual fiber, multi-mode dual fiber, and single mode in single fiber